MoldCreator6 leading edge functionality extended through new standard components, increased user component functionality and expanded D-M-E catalogue capabilities.
YOKNEAM, Israel, December 2001 – R&B, developer of the Computer Aided Mold Design (CAMD) technology used by over 1,000 customers around the world, announces MoldCreator 6 the professional mold design environment within Mechanical Desktop 6.
MoldCreator 6 includes:
- Components as solid parts. Each mold assembly is created in a separate folder and the components are externalized.
- New Catalogues. New catalogues including SIDECO, PEDROTTI and PC
- Integrated Bill of Material (BOM) – BOM is integrated into Mechanical Desktop bill of material, allowing full use of MDT BOM functionality.
- New and Improved Standard Components. Shoulder screws, Dowel pins, Tubular dowels, Lifting holes, Tapered interlocks, Shoulder plates and O-rings have been added to the standard component selection.
- Recalculate. An automatic recalculate function allows components to be automatically recalculated according to changes in plate dimensions or new plate addition. This functionality means that plate and component modifications can be down streamed to the finished mold without having to rebuild from scratch.
“In order to support our current MoldCreator users on the new Autodesk versions of MDT as well as increase functionality, we have released MoldCreator6, ” said George Berold Vice President Marketing and Technical Support R&B “These improvements allow our users even more flexibility and efficiency speeding up their mold design cycle significantly.”
MoldCreator6 is available today as a download to all current MoldCreator 6 subscription service customers.
R&B, Ltd. develops and markets powerful, easy-to-use; 3D mold design tools for the plastic mold and die industry. The company was created in 1994 as a separate organization through the combination of investments from Regba Kal, Israel’s largest mold maker, and Bercom, a leading supplier of computer-aided engineering solutions for mechanical design and finite element analysis. Today, R&B has seven products: MoldWorks™/SplitWorks™, MoldCreator™, MoldBase3D™, MoldMaker™, MoldDesign™ and MoldBaseAdvisor™ all running within native CAD products, and over 1000 customers. R&B’s CAMD solutions provide engineers with intuitive intelligence, powerful functionality, unprecedented ease-of-use and a huge library of commercial components from numerous manufacturers. R&B distributes its products through a network of distributors and resellers worldwide. For more information about R&B solutions, please visit www.RnBUSA.com
MoldCreator is a trademark of R&B Ltd. MDT is a registered trademark of Autodesk Corporation. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their respective owners.