MoldWorks leading edge functionality extended through new standard components, increased user component functionality and expanded D-M-E catalogue capabilities.
YOKNEAM, Israel, September 2001 – R&B, developer of the Computer Aided Mold Design (CAMD) technology used by over 1,000 customers around the world, announces a new enhanced Service Pack for MoldWorks 2001 the professional mold design environment within SOLIDWORKS 2001.
This Enhanced Service Pack includes:
- Additional D-M-E mold base type – The revamped catalogue mold bases include the following types MoldBasics™, complete “A” and “C” Series mold bases with the full set of initial default components including Clamp Slots. With these new additions the library becomes more comprehensive allowing the user much greater flexibility in the mold base definition.
- New and Improved Standard Components – Flat Ejectors have been added and allan holes are now supported in the screw component definition. User defined “oversize” lists allow different oversize value per plate. These values can be stored as new system defaults. This is especially useful for ejectors, eliminating the need to modify the holes for each plate.
- New Functionality for Insert Pocket – Pockets for inserts may now be added using the full range of SOLIDWORKS “cut” options. This includes Blind/Through All/Up To Vertex/ and Up To Face increasing the ease of use and parametric connection between the insert and the pocket, allowing automatic update resulting in significant time saving.
- New User Component Library – User can now designate any folder as part of a user component library. These libraries become component palettes and are automatically displayed when the user component is activated. User Component Holes have also been added to include holes for which there are no components. Users can now build libraries of parts extending the standard libraries easily and quickly, allowing automatic integration with the rest of the MoldWorks functionality, thereby enhancing the scope and flexibility of the system
- In keeping with our promise to update and enhance MoldWorks functionality between major releases, enabling us to get new functionality to our customers as soon as possible. We feel that this Service Pack adds a wide range of user requested improvements,” said George Berold Vice President Marketing and Technical Services R&B “Allowing our users even more flexibility and efficiency speeding up their mold design cycle significantly.
The MoldWorks 2001 Enhanced Service Pack (SP2) is available today as a download to all current MoldWorks 2001 subscription service customers. All future shipments of MoldWorks 2001 will include this new Service Pack.
With world headquarters in Yokneam, Israel and regional operations in Cave Creek, AZ and Tamm, Germany, R&B is redefining how engineers design molds. Founded in 1994, the company develops software applications that significantly help design engineers streamline the mold and die design process. R&B sells its products through the combination of a worldwide network of authorized value-added resellers, system integrators, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). MoldWorks is a SOLIDWORKS Gold Partner and SplitWorks is in the approval process to become a Gold Partner product.
For more information about R&B solutions, please visit www.RnBUSA.com