R&B Mold & Die Design Solutions Launch
Two Dynamic New Software Offerings for SOLIDWORKS Users
MoldWorks 2001 Plus and SplitWorks 2001 Plus software solutions
provide time and cost saving functionality.
YOKNEAM, Israel and CAVE CREEK, AZ: October 2, 2001 – R&B, developer of the computer-aided mold design (CAMD) technology used by more than 1,000 customers around the world, announces the release of MoldWorks 2001 Plus and SplitWorks 2001 Plus software products. Both technologies, aimed for SOLIDWORKS users in the mold design and die industries, are enhanced to help users significantly increase productivity, while saving time and money. MoldWorks includes initial mold estimation and automatic plate drawings. SplitWorks includes complete parametric functionality (history) and enhancements to splitting and lofting options.
MoldWorks 2001 Plus enhancements:
- Initial mold base estimation – MoldWorks suggests a mold base size. The software considers relevant inserts according to a set of user modifiable rules. This process accelerates the mold design process and guarantees optimal mold size.
- Automatic 2D plate drawings –Eliminate hours of tedious plate dimensioning. With seamless SOLIDWORKS associativity, MoldWorks 2001 Plus plate modifications will automatically update detail plate drawings ensuring design integrity.
SplitWorks 2001 Plus enhancements:
- History generation – Creates complete parametric functionality with the original part. Part design changes will be automatically propagated to the solid inserts, (and the mold) eliminating costly and untimely mold retooling.
- Analysis enhancements – “No Draft” Core and “No Draft” Cavity categories are part of the analysis. An option to include them into the core and cavity parts automatically is also available. Selective automatic parting line on “both side” faces can be previewed and/or created during the splitting phase.
- Lofting – Direction can be inputted through edge selection. A built-in redundancy overcomes composite curve and lofting reorder failures. These new features enable users to finish part surfaces quickly and efficiently.
“Our 2001 Plus suite of mold design products puts the emphasis on both speeding up and quality of the mold design process,” says George Berold, R&B Ltd. vice-president. “The combination of SOLIDWORKS, MoldWorks, and SplitWorks constitute the most professional mold design package”
MoldWorks 2001 Plus and SplitWorks 2001 Plus are available during October as a download to all current MoldWorks 2001 and SplitWorks 2001 subscription service customers. R&B distributes its products through a network of distributors and resellers worldwide.
R&B, Ltd. develops and markets powerful, easy-to-use, 3D mold design tools for the plastic mold and die industry. The company was created in 1994 as a separate organization through the combination of investments from Regba Kal, Israel’s largest mold maker, and Bercom, a leading supplier of computer-aided engineering solutions for mechanical design and finite element analysis. Today, R&B has seven products: MoldWorks™/SplitWorks™, MoldCreator™, MoldBase3D™, MoldMaker™, MoldDesign™ and MoldBaseAdvisor™ all running within native CAD products, and over 1000 customers. R&B’s CAMD solutions provide engineers with intuitive intelligence, powerful functionality, unprecedented ease-of-use and a huge library of commercial components from numerous manufacturers. R&B distributes its products through a network of distributors and resellers worldwide. For more information or for the latest news about R&B, see the company’s web site: (www.RnBUSA.com).
SplitWorks and MoldWorks are trademarks of R&B Ltd. SOLIDWORKS is a registered trademark of SOLIDWORKS Corporation. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their respective owners.