New functionality and enhancements added to MoldWorks and SplitWorks are part and parcel of R&B’s commitment to a continuous upgrading of the software in between major releases.
YOKNEAM, Israel:August, 2002 – R&B, developer of the computer-aided mold design (CAMD) technology used by more than 1,000 customers around the world, announces the release ofMoldWorks 2001Plus SP4 and SplitWorks 2001Plus SP3. These New Service Packs include new functionality as well as enhancements.
New features and enhancements for MoldWorks2001Plus SP4 include:
- Property Manager dialogues are now used for the initial mold base creation.
- A Display Configuration tab allows the user to quickly display the different mold configurations (i.e. static side, mobile side, ejection plates etc.)
- Clamping Slots added to more catalogues D-M-E mm, Hasco inch, National, PCS and Sideco now have clamping slots.
- Addition parameters added to screw definition improving screw rule checking.
- Initial component positioning sketches takes into account different component relations
- Improvement of Locating Ring and Support Pillar functionality.
New features and enhancements for SplitWorks2001Plus SP3 include:
- Create Solid Insert is a new menu to automatically creates solid inserts.
- Part Electrode Data creates a data file of all the electrode information from a specific insert.
- Plug Hole(s) has been significantly improved to find all holes within a part surface and plug them where possible.
- Loft menu automatically creates planar parting surface where possible.
- Electrode Burn faces are highlighted.
MoldWorks 2001Plus SP4 and SplitWorks 2001Plus SP3 are available as a download to all current MoldWorks 2001Plus and/or SplitWorks 2001Plus subscription service customers.
R&B, Ltd. develops and markets powerful, easy-to-use; 3D mold design tools for the plastic mold and die industry. The company was created in 1994 as a separate organization through the combination of investments from Regba Kal, Israel’s largest mold maker, and Bercom, a leading supplier of computer-aided engineering solutions for mechanical design and finite element analysis. Today, R&B has seven products: MoldWorks™/SplitWorks™, MoldCreator™, MoldBase3D™, MoldMaker™, MoldDesign™ and MoldBaseAdvisor™ all running within native CAD products, and over 1000 customers. R&B’s CAMD solutions provide engineers with intuitive intelligence, powerful functionality, unprecedented ease-of-use and a huge library of commercial components from numerous manufacturers. R&B distributes its products through a network of distributors and resellers worldwide. For more information about R&B solutions, please visit www.RnBUSA.com
ElectrodeWorks, SplitWorks and MoldWorks are trademarks of R&B Ltd. SOLIDWORKS is a registered trademark of SOLIDWORKS Corporation. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their respective owners.